Are you using grease cutting or antibacterial soap washes that inflame and dry your delicate facial skin? These products are designed to strip the oil out of our skin, leaving it stressed and trying to repair itself by replacing the oil that has been stripped from it, causing overproduction of oil and resulting in even oiler skin.
Your skin's natural lubricant is oil and oil effectively dissolves oil. Using the oil cleansing method on oily skin can, in fact, help regulate sebum production but it's important to make sure that you are using oils that will not clog your pores.
Don't over-cleanse your skin as it's possible this could irritate and cause more oiliness. You want to deep cleanse while at the same time balance your skin's natural oil production. So oil cleansing once a day in the evening should be enough and there's no need to use a makeup remover.
Here's what you'll need:
- A soft washcloth
- Your oil blend ( fabulous oils for cleansing skin are Pumpkin seed oil and Castor oil).
- Hot running water
This is what you do:
- Pour some cleansing oil into the palm of your hand
- Rub your palms together to warm the oil
- Massage the oil into your face to remove makeup, dirt, and other impurities.
Make sure you massage the oil slowly into your pores focussing on your problem areas allowing the oil time to dissolve blackheads and impurities.
- Place a warm steamy towel over your face and neck, and sweep it upwards to cleanse the oil from your skin.
- Repeat and revel in your soft cleansed skin.