An ancient beauty secret
In Homer's Odyssey, the hero Odysseus was shipwrecked on an island where he was rescued by the beautiful young princess Nausicaa. The secret of her beauty was attributed to the oil extracted from the flowers that never fade, the everlasting daisy, called Immortelle.
Helichrysum italicum is a domestic herb that grows on the Mediterranean coast and the essential oil from its golden flowers is highly valued for its rejuvenating effect on the skin. Produced from the fresh Immortelle flowers the oil has been used for centuries for healing many conditions and it is best known for its anti-ageing effect.
Immortelle essential oil is one of the rarest and most expensive essential oils in the world and it leaves skin surprisingly soft and glowing.
Here are just a few of its exceptional qualities
- Stimulates collagen production
- Encourages microcirculation
- Increases skin's firmness
- It has an antioxidizing action effective in fighting free radicals that destroy cell membranes
- And it also helps maximise regeneration of the skin's protective barrier